Dr Rachel Reed
midwife • author • teacher • researcher
- If you don't know... go listen to @themidwivescauldron 😉Reposting as a reminder. The latest Australian and UK birth stats are not a symptom of a broken system. They reflect a maternity system functioning as it was set up to do.Australia's Mothers and Babies Report. It's that time of year again where Australians get further evidence of the erosion of physiological birth. The intervention rates steadily increase year by year. I've highlighted some of the low lights of the report and included data from the Core National Indicators to add some specific subset information.@drsarawickham this is the best I could get... and it didn't last long 😆 Once again there is a significant lack of cat-appreciation for your awesome work.My answer when people ask what childbirth preparation I recommend.This press release is from 2004 yet remains current today.
- The Anterior Cervical Lip: how to ruin a perfectly good birth
- Amniotic Fluid Volume: too much, too little, or who knows?
- The Curse of Meconium Stained Liquor
- Shoulder Dystocia: the real story
- Post-Dates Induction of Labour: balancing risks
- Big Babies: the risk of care provider fear
- Vaginal examinations: a symptom of a cervical-centric birth culture
- Gestational Diabetes: beyond the label
- Pre-labour Rupture of Membranes: impatience and risk
- Induction: a step by step guide
Category Archives: guest post
I received the following from an Australian midwifery student who has agreed for me to publish the post anonymously. Whilst it can be confronting, it is so important to listen to midwifery students with open ears and hearts. They see … Continue reading