Dr Rachel Reed
midwife • author • teacher • researcher
- If you don't know... go listen to @themidwivescauldron 😉Reposting as a reminder. The latest Australian and UK birth stats are not a symptom of a broken system. They reflect a maternity system functioning as it was set up to do.Australia's Mothers and Babies Report. It's that time of year again where Australians get further evidence of the erosion of physiological birth. The intervention rates steadily increase year by year. I've highlighted some of the low lights of the report and included data from the Core National Indicators to add some specific subset information.@drsarawickham this is the best I could get... and it didn't last long 😆 Once again there is a significant lack of cat-appreciation for your awesome work.My answer when people ask what childbirth preparation I recommend.This press release is from 2004 yet remains current today.
- The Curse of Meconium Stained Liquor
- The Anterior Cervical Lip: how to ruin a perfectly good birth
- Amniotic Fluid Volume: too much, too little, or who knows?
- Shoulder Dystocia: the real story
- In Celebration of the OP Baby
- Big Babies: the risk of care provider fear
- Gestational Diabetes: beyond the label
- Post-Dates Induction of Labour: balancing risks
- Supporting women's instinctive pushing behaviour during birth
- An actively managed placental birth might be the best option for most women