Dr Rachel Reed
midwife • academic • writer • presenter
Sign up for a monthly newsletter
- Amniotic Fluid Volume: too much, too little, or who knows?
- The Anterior Cervical Lip: how to ruin a perfectly good birth
- VBAC: making a mountain out of a molehill
- Gestational Diabetes: beyond the label
- Shoulder Dystocia: the real story
- Induction: a step by step guide
- Post-Dates Induction of Labour: balancing risks
- Perineal Protectors?
- Big Babies: the risk of care provider fear
- The Curse of Meconium Stained Liquor
Tag Archives: ethics
Updated: September 2019 When I was a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed student midwife I was awarded with a certificate and a box of chocolates. My achievement was collecting the most ‘cord’ blood in the hospital. At that time the Local Health … Continue reading
The Australian College of Midwives have issued an Interim Homebirth Position Statement and Interim Guidance for Privately Practising Midwives along with a request for comments. Here is the response I have sent… As a privately practising midwife who attends homebirths … Continue reading