Dr Rachel Reed
midwife • academic • writer • presenter
Sign up for a monthly newsletter
- The Anterior Cervical Lip: how to ruin a perfectly good birth
- Amniotic Fluid Volume: too much, too little, or who knows?
- VBAC: making a mountain out of a molehill
- In Celebration of the OP Baby
- Induction: a step by step guide
- The Curse of Meconium Stained Liquor
- The Effective Labour Contraction
- Pre-labour Rupture of Membranes: impatience and risk
- Gestational Diabetes: beyond the label
- Perineal Protectors?
Tag Archives: pregnancy
This post was co-authored by Jessie Johnson-Cash and based on her presentation at the USC Midwifery Education Day. The human microbiome is rather fashionable in the world of science at the moment. The NIH Human Microbiome Project has been set up to … Continue reading
Updated: December 2017 This post is in response to readers asking me to cover the topic of induction for low amniotic fluid volume (AFV). Most of the content is available in textbooks, in particular Coad and Dunstall 2011 and Beall … Continue reading