Dr Rachel Reed
midwife • academic • writer • presenter
Sign up for a monthly newsletter
- Amniotic Fluid Volume: too much, too little, or who knows?
- The Anterior Cervical Lip: how to ruin a perfectly good birth
- Gestational Diabetes: beyond the label
- Shoulder Dystocia: the real story
- VBAC: making a mountain out of a molehill
- Induction: a step by step guide
- Perineal Protectors?
- The Curse of Meconium Stained Liquor
- Post-Dates Induction of Labour: balancing risks
- Big Babies: the risk of care provider fear
Tag Archives: umbilical cord
Updated: September 2019 The common practice of premature cord clamping has been challenged in recent years due to a greater understanding of how this intervention disrupts the physiology of placental transfusion (Mercer & Skovgaard 2002). Premature cord clamping results in … Continue reading