Dr Rachel Reed
midwife • author • presenter • researcher
- I'm having an intermission for week or two. In the meantime you can contact me via email or my website (link in bio).The audiobook version of Why Induction Matters is now available from Audible and iTunes Books.One of my mottos cross-stitched in cat font. What a perfect gift @drsarawickhamLet's face it, we all have egos and some of us like to be needed. As careproviders we must keep an eye on ourselves and our actions/agendas. A woman's birth is her rite of passage. It is not an opportunity for us to meet the needs of our ego, or worse use for self-promotion.Old black cat was not cooperating with the photoshoot - apologies @drsarawickham.Missing my partner in (thought) crime @midwife.dr.clare. So happy we got to hang out before lockdown and quarantine. Photos = Clare being impressed with my trot-stumble route but unimpressed with my pace. She went for a 'proper run' the next day. + Noosa National Park after I trapped her finger in the car door to slow her down.
- Amniotic Fluid Volume: too much, too little, or who knows?
- The Anterior Cervical Lip: how to ruin a perfectly good birth
- The Curse of Meconium Stained Liquor
- In Celebration of the OP Baby
- Shoulder Dystocia: the real story
- Gestational Diabetes: beyond the label
- Post-Dates Induction of Labour: balancing risks
- Big Babies: the risk of care provider fear
- Asynclitism: a well aligned baby or a tilted head?
- Pre-labour Rupture of Membranes: impatience and risk
Tag Archives: homebirth
Updated: April 2017 A lot of changes have occurred in Australian midwifery over the last few years, and I think many midwives and women are unsure or confused by them. I am going to attempt to make a clear and coherent summary … Continue reading
The Australian College of Midwives have issued an Interim Homebirth Position Statement and Interim Guidance for Privately Practising Midwives along with a request for comments. Here is the response I have sent… As a privately practising midwife who attends homebirths … Continue reading