Dr Rachel Reed
midwife • academic • writer • presenter
Sign up for a monthly newsletter
- Gestational Diabetes: beyond the label
- The Anterior Cervical Lip: how to ruin a perfectly good birth
- Amniotic Fluid Volume: too much, too little, or who knows?
- VBAC: making a mountain out of a molehill
- In Celebration of the OP Baby
- The Curse of Meconium Stained Liquor
- Induction: a step by step guide
- Perineal 'Bundles' and Midwifery
- Asynclitism: a well aligned baby or a tilted head?
- Shoulder Dystocia: the real story
Tag Archives: cervix
Updated: December 2020 Here is a scenario I keep hearing over and over: A woman is labouring away and all is good. She begins to push with contractions, and her midwife encourages her to follow her body. After a little … Continue reading
Updated: February 2018 How many times have you heard “I had to have an epidural/c-section/ventouse/etc. because my baby was facing the wrong way”? An occipito posterior (OP) position occurs when the baby enters the pelvis facing forward with his back … Continue reading